Monday, March 01, 2010

A Pregnant Picture

I always say this is my second pregnancy, but that's not quite true. In reality, this is my fourth. #2 and #3 were miscarried and I still remember how devastated I was during those days.  With this 4th one, I took all the precautions.  I took a long leave of absence (3 months) before I went back to work.  My doctor made sure it was safe to go back to work.  I cried when I started spotting just like the previous two. Not again, I thought, and prayed so hard for it not to happen again.  Not when two days before I just saw my baby in an ultrasound waving her tiny hands as if to say, "hello, here I am...".  Not while I was alone in the apartment... DH was at the airport for a trip back home to the Philippines for our first born's 12th birthday.

I took one of my music boxes and put it next to my tummy and played "Somewhere Over the Rainbow" over and over again, just to let my baby know I'm with her and will be with her all the way.  That seemed to ease the physical and emotional pains I was going through.

...and here I am.... in this picture.... 6 months pregnant with my fourth...



The leaves were cut out using a Martha Stewart puncher.




The flowers are Prima.  Sorry, I am one who does not take note of what supplies I use but I'm sure most of you recognize them.


I wish I could say the lace was made in the Philippines, but I am not really sure.  But I bought it there during my visit earlier this year.

The center of the Prima flowers are tiny ringlets that I crocheted.  Then I sewed the pearls in the center.

No comments: