Monday, June 04, 2007

The Black and White Challenge

I've wanted to do journaling in swirls for some time now but didn't get the time to do it. Thank goodness for the June challenge hatched by Jenn (http://janu-jenn.blogspot.com) for http://pinoyscrapbookers.blogspot.com.

Although the journaling is about what I believe in, the title of this traditional LO entry is Black and White and Read All Over.

Supplies used: Zig white chalk writer; DCWV b&w patterned papers; red glitter gel pen, Sweets double-sided flowers by Making Memories, red and white ribbon from Michael's craft store, and Dress It Up red petals.

I also made a digital LO using the color orange this time. I just couldn't resist making one. Digital gives me a lot of freedom in choosing my supplies, re-coloring, re-sizing, cropping, turning them around whichever way I want. It is quicker to complete as well. I think as I go until I achieve the effect I wanted.


This is Ysabella, Elisa Faye's daughter and my sister Josephine's first grandchild. I wanted to show that black and white is also fun to use for kids' LOs. I recolored everything to meet the specifications of the challenge.

Supplies used: MarieStones Blue gel alpha - which I colored orange, BethNixon's Shabby Blooms torn mat which I turned into grayscale; Amber Clegg's Charmed wings recolored orange; Font used is Tekton



I enjoyed making Ysabella's LO that I just had to make another one! This is Hannah, my sister Blesilda's first grandchild - only a few weeks older than Ysabella.
Supplies used: Nancy Kubo's black and white kit - Sweet Memories, portions of which I re-colored in pink. Font used is Script MT Bold.
Thank you for looking. Comments are welcome. If there is anyway I could have improved these LOs, please let me know.


No comments: