Saturday, June 07, 2008

Forgotten Supplies

My computer is finally working! DS bought me a new power cord for my laptop. I think the old one gave up because it got over-heated. My laptop is now 4 years old. It might go anytime... so as soon as I got my new power cord, I began transferring files to the desktop in my Kalat Room - another old computer which I use as an extra storage for my ever-growing digital supplies [thanks so much to all generous talented digi-artists who shared their art as freebies]. As a thank-you for them I am putting up samples of their art through my layouts.

Anyway, as I was transferring files I found some forgotten supplies in my laptop. I've used supplies from 3 talented designers in my layout below.
I choose for my background a pink dotted paper bordered with flowers at the bottom from Elizabeth Jenkins' [Little Dreamer Designs] Beauty is But a Flower mini kit. I cut a corner of her "fancy-free green swirls and flowers" paper - chose the part with the curved lines to use as a mat or frame. I recolored this peach. I found that green was too much for this layout. Included in the kit is a twig with white flowers and green leaves. I cut this into 3 separate sections and repositioned them so they'd curve and hug the frame. I recolored the white flowers blue. Elizabeth saved me from thinking about what to write as she provided a quote with her mini kit. Then I went looking for some swirls in another folder and found a nice swirl overlay from Franzisca Altmann's [also from Little Dreamer Designs] mini kit "Growing Green". I didn't need the entire overlay so I just copied a portion of the overlay [the swirl], pasted this copy about 5 more times and positioned them in different places. Included in Franziska's kit is a green butterfly and a green bow. I re-colored the bow pink and the butterfly, blue, which I copied two more times and re-sized them in various sizes. Last but not least, I used Stephanie's [from Steph730] Paper Tear 1 large flower center glow placed it on top of the photo I chose for the LO. I erased whatever picture edges showed around [outside perimeter] of the paper tear. This made it look like I bore a hole through the peach frame to expose the photo underneath.


Thank you Elizabeth, Franzisca, and Stephanie for your awesome work!






No comments: